Here are 7 Healthy Morning Drinks to Start Your Day Right.
- Hot Tea. This drink is considered a superfood because of the many benefits it can provide. It is a potent source of antioxidants that fight many diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, cirrhosis, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease. It is also known to fight skin aging, burn fats, aid indigestion, and boost the immune system.
- Brewed Coffee. Many people go straight for coffee first thing in the morning which is great as it contains bioactive compounds that are good for your health. Like tea, the beverage is also rich in antioxidants that fight many diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and liver disease. Coffee helps breakdown cholesterol in the body preventing build-up of cholesterol plaques in the blood vessels which is the main cause of heart disease, it helps the body to use insulin efficiently which lowers the risk of developing diabetes and reduces liver enzymes which prevent liver damage.
- Hot Cocoa. Despite the bad reputation of chocolates when it comes to health as they contain too much sugar and fats, there is actually a type of chocolate that is good for your body. Dark chocolates or chocolates that contain 70%, or above, cocoa is considered a superfood and has incredible health benefits you can take advantage of. Cocoa helps reduce blood pressure which lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke, improves brain function which prevents neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia, improves mood which relieves stress and prevents depression, and controls blood sugar which is great in preventing diabetes.
- Lemon Water. Some people switched to drinking lemon water instead of coffee or tea as they are hypersensitive to caffeine. This drink is a good source of vitamin c which is a primary antioxidant that helps fight against diseases and boost the immune system. The beverage prevents common colds, aids digestion problems, promotes weight loss, prevents skin aging, freshens breath, and lowers the risk of developing kidney stones as it helps break down and flush out small stones in the body.
- Chai Tea. This drink is more than just a regular tea as it includes spices that are also packed with nutrients for your overall health. Chai tea is a mixture of black tea, ginger, turmeric, fennel seeds, cinnamon, clove, and cardamom. Other ingredients include green tea and oolong tea to add more flavor to the drink. The beverage helps repair cell damage caused by free radicals, boosts the immune system, releases toxins in the body, aids indigestion, relieves menstrual pains, and has antiviral properties.
- Cinnamon Coconut Latte. This is a great choice for people who like coffee but find brewed coffee too strong for their taste. The drink has the aromatic smell of coffee but is creamy and frothy. Cinnamon Coconut Latte is a blend of brewed coffee, cinnamon, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. The beverage is good for digestion, relieves joint pains, improves skin health, and protects the body against bacterial infection.
- Turmeric Latte. Turmeric is a popular spice not only because of curries but because of its medicinal properties. The spice contains a unique bioactive compound called curcumin which is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that play a major role in preventing chronic diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.